- One of the largest ants.
- Black, red or yellow
- 1/4 to 3/8 inch long
- Resides both outdoors indoors. Prefers moist, decaying or rotten wood
- Interesting facts
Carpenter Ants will burrow inside damp or damaged wood but they do not eat the wood like termites. In removing wood, they leave frass/debris outside of the nest.
- Builds two types of nests: parent colonies and satellite colonies. They will burrow inside damp or damaged wood. In removing wood, they leave frass or debris outside the nest.
- How does E.P.C get rid of carpenter ants?
- E.P.C. Techs are highly trained to find evidence of the carpenter ants and eliminate their nests. Infestations can be difficult to find, since the point of entry may be a long distance from the location of the nest. We will locate all nests in moisture prone areas and perform a treatment directly to the carpenter ant nest to eliminate the population.
- What steps can I take to control or prevent carpenter ants myself?
- The best way to keep carpenter ants out is to make your home or building unappealing to them. Keep your property free from water-damaged or damp wood.