Bed Bug Extermination, Control & Prevention In Wisconsin
Bed Bug Extermination In
Appleton, Fond Du Lac, Green Bay, Lakewood, Manitowoc, Marinette, Oconto, Oshkosh, Shawano, Sheboygan, and Sturgeon Bay.
-What is a bed bug?-
Bed Bugs are small, oval, brownish insects that live on the blood of animals or humans. Adult Bed Bugs have flat bodies about the size of an apple seed. After feeding, however, their bodies swell and are a reddish color. Bed Bugs and Bat Bugs look very similar and can be msitaken for each other.
Bed Bugs do not fly, but they can move quickly over floors, walls, and ceilings. Female bedbugs may lay hundreds of eggs, each of which is about the size of a speck of dust, over a lifetime. It only take 7-10 days for a batch of eggs to hatch.
Immature Bed Bugs, called nymphs, shed their skins five times before reaching maturity and require a meal of blood before each shedding. Under favorable conditions the bugs can develop fully in as little as a month and produce three or more generations per year.Although they are a nuisance, they are not thought to transmit diseases.
-Signs of an Infestation-
If you wake up with itchy areas you didn’t have when you went to sleep, you may have Bed Bugs, particularly if you got a used bed or other used furniture around the time the bites started. Bites, and symptoms do NOT show on everyone though. Other signs that you may have Bed Bugs include:
- Blood stains on your sheets or pillowcases
- Dark or rusty spots of Bed Bug excrement on sheets and mattresses, bed clothes, and walls
- Bed Bug fecal spots, egg shells, or shed skins in areas where bedbugs hide
- An offensive, musty odor from the bugs’ scent glands
If you suspect an infestation, remove all bedding and check it carefully for signs of the bugs or their excrement. Remove the dust cover over the bottom of the box springs and examine the seams in the wood framing. Peel back the fabric where it is stapled to the wood frame. Very thoroughly check all crevices around your bed and any furniture in the home.
Also, check the area around the bed, including inside books, telephones or radios, the edge of the carpet, and even in electrical outlets. Check your closet, because Bed Bugs can attach to clothing. If you are uncertain about signs of Bed Bugs, call Ewert Pest and Wildlife Control. We will perform a datailed inspection to verify you have Bed Bugs and have a solution to remedy the situation.
-Bed Bug Treatments-
Getting rid of Bed Bugs begins with cleaning up the places where Bed Bugs live, and prepping the home. This should include the following:
- Clean bedding, linens, curtains, and clothing in hot water and dry them on the highest dryer setting. Place stuffed animals, shoes, and other items that can’t be washed in the dryer and run on high for 60 minutes.
- Use a stiff brush to scrub mattress seams to remove Bed Bugs and their eggs before vacuuming.
- Vacuum your bed and surrounding area frequently. After vacuuming, immediately place the vacuum cleaner bag in a plastic bag and place in garbage can outdoors.
- Encase mattress and box springs with a tightly woven, zippered cover to keep Bed Bugs from entering or escaping. Bed Bugs in Wisconsin may live up to a year without feeding, so keep the cover on your mattress for at least a year to make sure all bugs in the mattress are dead.
- Repair cracks in plaster and glue down peeling wallpaper to get rid of places Bed Bugs can hide.
- Get rid of clutter around the bed.
You will receive a Bed Bug Checklist from our office to complete, once complete you are now ready for treatment. We have three types of treatment for remdiation. Chemical Remediation, Apprehend Remediation, and Heat Remediation. Our office will go over the process and cost amount with you before scheduling the service.
Why choose Ewert for your bed bug remediation?
- Eco-Friendly, Pet Friendly Treatment Options
- In House Financing
- Family Owned and Licensed
- Clean Out and Preperation available if needed
- Multiple Options fit for your needs
Eco-Friendly Extermination, and Prevention services for your home. We service all insects, rodents, and wildlife.
Commercial IPM Services to help keep pests away. We specialize in protecting the health and integrity of all business types.
Wildlife Trapping and Relocation services. Exclusion, and Clean Up with Guaranteed results.